Welcome to AbleCon support
– we are here to help you
- Make sure you are connected to a network with an active internet connection when activating the AbleCenter application / app.
- Make sure your device is connected to the “AbleCenter / AbleCenterN” wireless network.
- Make sure your network card is enabled on your computer.
Click the network icon at the bottom of the Windows taskbar and open the Network and Sharing Center. Then click change network adapter settings and activate the correct network connection.
- Check the settings in the software, right-click in the AbleCenter program image or hold your finger in the middle of the screen if you are using iOS or Android, then select settings and check that the correct camera and/or AbleGrabber is selected.
- Press F10 (to switch to the camera)
- If you have problems with Auto-focus, you can contact us directly.
- Check the light and contrast settings on the computer screen.
- Check the light and contrast in the camera, possibly reset the camera settings by pressing the hotkey R in the AbleCenter software.
- Make sure the camera lens and the outer glass cover are free of scratches, dirt, or liquid. Wipe the
glass cover with a dust-free cloth.
- Unplug the power cord from the AbleGrabber, wait 1 minute and plug it in again.
- Press F11 to switch to the AbleGrabber image (F10 to switch to the camera image)
- Make sure the HDMI splitter is connected properly (applies only to those who do not have HDMI out on the interactive screen)
- Make sure the AbleGrabber is connected correctly. A monitor cable (VGA / HDMI) from the out-port on the projector or Smart-Board (VGA-out or monitor-out / HDMI-out) and into the in-port on the AbleGrabber.
- Make sure that: a network cable is connected from the ethernet port on the AbleGrabber device to one of the available four numbered LAN ports on the router.
- If you have an HDMI signal that goes into the projector/SmartBoard, there must also go an HDMI signal out from the projector/SmartBoard and into the AbleGrabber. The same applies to VGA connections. Neither the projector nor the SmartBoard can convert a digital signal to analog and vice versa.
- Check the configuration on the Projector or SmartBoard. Check that the VGA signal out is activated and that the image is displayed on the projector screen.
- Blue screen:
If there is a blue screen instead of an image, it means that you have contact with the AbleGrabber and that the problem lies within the image transferring. Make sure that the output port on the projector or SmartBoard is active. The resolution of the sender/teacher’s PC may also be the cause of this problem. To adjust the resolution, you must be on the computer’s desktop. Then right-click and scroll down to “Display Settings” or “Display Resolution” depending on the version of Windows you have. There you must set a higher resolution than 1380 × 800. Then press use. When using Windows 10, you must further click on “Advanced Display Settings” and set a higher resolution: 1380 × 800 (resolution may vary from PC to PC, feel free to try all of them). Then press use. NOTE! these settings need to be changed after connecting the VGA / HDMI cable.
- Nothing happens when I press F11:
Sometimes the “Windows Firewall” blocks the connection between the AbleGrabber and the PC. To solve the problem, go to “Windows Firewall” settings and allow “AbleCenter” to have full access to the network.
- Check if the router is switched on (flashing light), check the power connection, and the on/off button.
- Check the WiFi button on the side of the router, it should be pressed.
- The PC may have an old network card which only allows the AbleCenterN (2.4GHz) network to appear. You can consider switching to a PC that has a 5Ghz card or inserting an external USB 5Ghz network card that provides access to the AbleCenter (5GHz) network.
- Connect the Internet cable to the WAN/Internet port on the AbleCenter router.
- Enable “Auto-Connect” on advanced settings in the AbleCenter software. This feature allows the application to automatically connect to the AbleCenter/AbleCenterN network while using the software, and disconnect from the network after closing the software.
- Use an external USB wireless network card to be connected to the ‘AbleCenter’ and leave the internal wireless network card connected to the Internet.
- Start by enabling “measure performance” on advanced settings in the AbleCenter software to check performance.
- If you have changed to Full HD resolution “1920 × 1080” you may want to go back to * 1280 × 720 to reduce delays.
- If you get below 50fps on PC and below 30fps on tablets, you can change the * framerate settings. This can be found in the “advanced settings” in the AbleCenter software.
- If the measurement shows that you have a “delay” that is higher than 30ms then you can change the * framerate settings. This can be found in the “advanced settings” in the AbleCenter software.
- * Frame rate and resolution settings require a software restart and may take up to 15-20 seconds to apply.
- Right-click on the power icon to check which mode it is set to. (High performance is preferred)
- Check if the main power (charger) is connected.
- Check which network you are connected to, the preferred network is the 5GHz network “AbleCenter”, the 2.4Ghz network is “AbleCenterN” and will not always deliver as fast image transferring as the 5Ghz network.
- “Auto-Connect” is removed from the “AbleCenterN” network, and set the “AbleCenter” as the default network.
- It may take some time before the “AbleCenter” network appears after restarting the router.
- Update to the latest AbleCenter version.
- In some cases, the 2.4 GHz network may be less busy and work better.
- The user’s PC / device can be the cause of frame drop and latency. We recommend having a machine with i5 or i7 processors, a minimum of 8GB RAM and SSD disk, network card that supports 802.11ac (5GHz network)
Welcome to AbleCon support
– we are here to help you
- Check that network card is activated on your device.
Click the network icon at the bottom of the Windows taskbar and open network and sharing center. Then click Change Network Card Settings and enable the appropriate network connection
- Please ensure that your device is connected to “AbleCenter or AbleCenterN” wireless network.
- Check settings, right click in AbleCenter application, check that the correct camera and / or AbleGrabber is selected. If you do not have the option to select source in the settings menu, please update your software to the latest version from AbleSky.no
- Press F10 (to change camera source)
- Check the light and contrast settings in the computer settings.
- Check light and contrast in AbleCenter software, or reset
camera settings by pressing shortcut “R“.
- Make sure that camera lens and glass cover is free of scratches, dirt or liquid. Wipe off
glass cover with dust-free cloth.
- Unplug the power plug, wait 1 minute and reconnect the power plug.
- Press F11 to switch to the AbleGrabber (F10 to switch back to camera image)
- Make sure it is connected correctly. Display cable (VGA / HDMI) output from projector or Smart-board output (VGA-out or monitor-out / HDMI-out) and into the input port of AbleGrabber
- Make sure: That AbleGrabber and Router are connected with network cable. It needs to be connected to one of the available four numbered LANports on the router.
- Check the configuration on the Smart Board, VGA signal out must be enabled. Check that there is an active image on the projector screen. You can also connect a small flat screen to the VGA out port to see if there is a picture.
- If you have HDMI in to the Projector / Smart Board, HDMI must also be inserted into AbleGrabber! The same applies to the VGA connection. Neither projectors nor Smart Board manage to convert digital signal to analog or vice versa.
- Check the configuration on the Projector or Smart Board Check that the VGA signal out is enabled and that the image appears on the projector screen.
- Splitter connection: In some cases connecting to AbleGrabber requires HDMI splitter, connect your source device (teacher PC) to the in port of the splitter. From the out ports, connect one HDMI cable to the “in port” on Projector/Smart Board and the other port needs to be connected with AbleGrabber
- Blue Screen:
If there is a blue screen instead of a picture, it means that you have connection with AbleGrabber and the problem is with the image transfer. Make sure the port on the projector or Smart Board is active. The resolution on sending / Teacher the PC can also be the cause of this problem. To adjustthe resolution, you must be on the desktop. Then right-click and scroll down to “Display Settings” or “Display Resolution” depending on which version of Windows you have. There you need to change resolution to one that is higher than 1380×800. Then press save. By using Windows 10, you must click on “Advanced Display Settings” and set the resolution that is higher than 1380×800 (resolution may vary from PC to PC, please try all). Then press save. PS! These settings need to be changed when you have connected the VGA / HDMI cable.
- Nothing happens when I press F11:
It happens that “Windows Firewall” blocks the connection between AbleGrabber and user PC. To resolve this problem, go to “Windows Firewall” settings and allow “AbleCenter” to get full access to the network.
- Check if the router is turned on (flashing light), check power connection and power button.
- Check the WiFi button on the side of the router, it must be activated.
- PC may have an old network card so only the AbleCenterN (2.4GHz) network appears. One might consider switching to a PC that has 5Ghz network card. You can aslo insert an external USB 5Ghz network adapter that provides access to the AbleCenter (5GHz) network.
- Connect the internet cable to the WAN / Internet input on the router.
- Use an external wireless USB network adapter to be connected to ‘AbleCenter‘ and let the internal wireless network adapter be connected to the Internet.
- Activate “Auto-Connect” on advanced settings. This function makes AbleCenter program connect automaticly to AbleCenter/AbleCenterN network. After program is shut down, network connection will restore back to the perfered one. (This function is avaliable from version 22.214.171.124)
- Framerate– In the AbleCenter program there are 3 different framerate modes that can be adjusted in advanced settings. To select between “high-medium-low” framerate, right-click in the program, then select settings. These changes can improve the performance of the AbleCenter system.
- Right-click the power icon to check which mode it is set to. (High performance is preferred).
- Check if power (charger) is connected.
- Check which network you are connected to, preferred network is the 5 Ghz network “AbleCenter“, 2.4Ghz network is “AbleCenterN” and will not always deliver as fast image transfers as the 5Ghz network. However ti has longer connection distance.
- “Connect automatically” removed from “AbleCenterN” and set “AbleCenter” as the default network.
- Update to the latest AbleCenter version. For viewing your version number, see Settings, Help, Version number, in AbleCenter software. (Check AbleSky.no for the latest version of the AbleCenter program).
- RFR– Stands for Restricted Frame Rate and is a feature of the application that sets the number of frames in the camera image. This feature may be applicable to users with older PCs. To enable the RFR feature, right-click the program, then select settings and advanced settings, check that the RFR button is active.
- In some cases, the 2.4 Ghz network may be less busy and work better.
- Try installing a new 5 Ghz USB network adapter.
- User PC / device may be the problem that causes framedrop and latency. We recommend having a machine with i5 or i7 processors, minimum 8GB RAM and SSD disk, network adapter that supports 802.11ac (5GHz networks)
- Check over the cables from source PC to projector, from projector to Grabber (also power cable) and from Grabber to router.
- Try another source/teacher PC.
- Screen signal from source/sending PC may be too weak and you need a signal amplifier.
AbleCenter® – 3 min introduction
Learn more about AbleCenter®
You can also watch our instructional videos
- Ablesky| User Creation and License request
- AbleCenter| User Manual
- AbleCenter| Connection and Set-up
- AbleCenter| OCR languages
Installation of app on iPad and iPhone
Installation of AbleText on iPad and iPhone
iPad| User Manual AbleMobile
- AbleGrabber| User Manual
- AbleGrabber| Use of AbleGrabber
Power options adjustment
Installation of 2 network cards
Installing camera on different mounting solution
OCR from AbleGrabber
If you have any questions?
- +47 400 82 011
- Trudvangveien 67, 3117 Tønsberg, Norway